Two Ways To Cook Eggs At The Campsite
Muffin Pan Eggs
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
Have you ever tried eggs on the grill by using a muffin pan? Just spray the pan and crack the eggs and put them on the grill. Try adding some chopped peppers and onions or anything to your liking.
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate. You can also use your Coleman stove or the campfire.
2. Coat all holes of a muffin pan with cooking spray and crack an egg into each hole.
3. Place on grill and grill over medium high heat for 2 minutes, or to desired doneness.
!!! Webelos and older siblings could try their hand at this. But younger Cubs should NOT be putting their hands into boiling water.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 -15 Minutes
Ready In: 20 (ish)
This is kinda fancy, but if you like poached eggs you might just be the hit of the campsite. Try serving with smoked salmon (lox).
4 large eggs
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
Per serving : 74 Calories; 5 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 211 mg Cholesterol; 6 g Protein; 0 g Fiber; 147 mg Sodium; 67 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
Tips & Notes
* The poaching pot is much easier to clean if it's still warm from cooking.
* Food Safety Note: If salmonella is a concern in your area, be sure to cook your eggs until hard set.
Another Campfire Recipe: Foil Packs
Chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, and peppers are wrapped in aluminum foil for one-dish meals cooked in a campfire! These are easy to make for camping, my family loves them! We prepare them at home and then leave them in the cooler until we are ready to cook. You can use any combination of meat and vegetables that you like.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Tip: Make before campout and bring in coolers)
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Min
1 pound cubed skinless boneless chicken breast meat or ground beef crumbled
2 onions, diced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms (or carrots are good too)
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic, sliced
4 small potatoes, cubed (or frozen hashbrowns also work well)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
"Do My Best" >